It's soft (which means out of focus). Another one of my major hangups this past year is getting the focus right. I posted this picture to show what I mean, but I really do get it right sometimes. I actually intended to keep some of this picture out of focus, which I will bring up later I am sure. I wanted to take a picture of an ornament to be all festive and stuff, so I picked this one which was made by my sister in law, niece and nephew. It's dear to my heart. I was using my 50 mm lens, ISO at 400, and using an aperture of 1.8. The problem is even with such a large aperture, there wasn't enough light, so I stopped down by shutter speed to 1/50. What was I thinking? Unless I were to use a tripod, or have really steady hands (which I do not), I really should not have that slow of a shutter speed. I usually try to stay above 1/120, and with my kiddos at least 1/165 because they are always moving. My solution is to bump up my ISO or bring in my reflector to get more light. I am going to retry tomorrow to see if I can get a sharper image.

No comments:
Post a Comment